Asphalt Shingles Installation Procedure
A new roof will not only protect you and your family from the elements, but it will also add to the overall appearance and value of your home.
A roof should be viewed as an investment – a cheaply done roof will only cause you to spend more money in the long run. That is why at Roofing Doctor we are committed to providing the best service, as well as, good information and advice that will meet your needs as our customer.
Re-roofing is such an important investment. We promise to provide the best possible service when it comes to Surface Preparation, Installation of a New Roof, and Clean-Up.
- Building permits as well as historical society permits (if needed) are obtained by us.
- We do not use dumpsters because they can often damage your property. Instead, we have light dump trucks which are mobile, cleaner, and more efficient.
- Old shingles, felt paper, and flashings are carefully and fully removed.
- The roof deck is carefully inspected. Loose boards or sheathings are re-nailed. If rotted wood is found, it is repaired or replaced.
New Roof Installation
- Since ice and water barriers are crucially important, we always install them in critical areas such as three feet above the gutter, in valleys, and around chimneys and skylights.
- We install 15 or 30 lbs. felt paper under the shingles to protect the roof deck.
- In order to eliminate water run-off to fascia and siding, we always install aluminum drip-edge. If this step is skipped, the water willdamage the paint and eventually cause fascia and siding rotting.
- We install new flashings if necessary and change all pipe vent boots. We can also replace damaged chimney flashings if necessary.
- We strongly recommend installing a ridge vent for every house.